I purchased a set of these Klipsch RB-61 II Reference Series speakers to use as the front speakers for our home theater setup in mid 2015.
For bookshelf speakers, they are phenomenal. They are incredibly clear and rich. We paired them with a set of RB-41 speakers for the rear plus our existing Bose center speaker and a nice subwoofer.
There is no distortion no matter high we crank them. I have been impressed and very pleased. Good, rich bass, too.
A few technical notes from Klipsh:
- Every Reference speaker utilizes our Tractrix® Horn technology for lifelike sound, more output using less energy, improved reliability, reduced distortion and a large soundstage with well-defined imaging.
- Our light, yet rigid Cerametallic woofer cones feature specially treated aluminum to help better dampen and prevent distortion.
- Titanium tweeter with linear travel suspension-trickle-down technology from our flagship Palladium Series-provides an open, natural sound, making you feel as if you’re in the studio with the recording artist or on the set of a film.
- Exclusive Wide Dispersion Surround Technology (WDST) enables surrounds to reproduce localized and ambient sounds with unlimited placement flexibility.
- Enhanced crossover frequencies offer smoother on-axis and off-axis integration.
After almost two years of use, I can still say I am very pleased. I find the speakers attractive. As an audiophile, I love their ability to accurately reproduce sound. They do a great job with normal television, movies, and music.