We use a set of RB-41 II speakers for the rear surround with our home theater, paired with a set of RB-61 II as the main speakers. We also use another pair as our zone 2 speakers in the kitchen.
As rear speakers and zone 2 speakers, I’m impressed with the big sound from these little speakers. Also, we accidentally turned them on with the volume almost maxed, and they remained clear. Love the look with the cover off, too. All-around excellent set of small bookshelf speakers.
I would hesitate to use them as primary speakers unless you have a small space, but they make excellent secondary speakers, which was our intended use for them.
They mounted easily with a universal mount my wife purchased at Best Buy.
Info from Klipsch:
- Every Reference speaker utilizes our Tractrix® Horn technology for lifelike sound, more output using less energy, improved reliability, reduced distortion and a large soundstage with well-defined imaging.
- Our light, yet rigid Cerametallic woofer cones feature specially treated aluminum to help better dampen and prevent distortion.
- Titanium tweeter with linear travel suspension—trickle-down technology from our flagship Palladium Series—provides an open, natural sound, making you feel as if you’re in the studio with the recording artist or on the set of a film.
- Enhanced crossover frequencies offer smoother on-axis and off-axis integration.
Specs from Klipsch:
- Frequency Response 85Hz-24KHz ± 3dB
- Power Handling 50W RMS / 200W Peak
- Sensitivity 91dB @ 2.83V / 1m
- Nominal Impedance 8 ohms compatible
- High Frequency Drivers 1” (2.54cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver mated to 90° x 60° square Tractrix® Horn
- High Frequency Crossover 1500Hz
- Low Frequency Drivers 4” (10.2cm) Cerametallic™ cone woofer
- Inputs Single binding posts
- Enclosure Type Bass-reflex via rear-firing port
- Height 8.9” (22.6cm)
- Width 5.7” (14.4cm)
- Depth 7.8” (19.8cm) with grille
- Mounting Keyhole bracket and 1/4”-20 threaded insert
- Weight 12.4lbs (5.6kg) per pair
- Finish Black Ash woodgrain vinyl