I use these for shooting at an outdoor gun range. They are excellent for that purpose.
I use a variety of headphones for shooting. Some are basic old-school noise-canceling headphones. I also have a couple pair of electronic headphones, including this one by Dr.meter. I compared them to headphones costing twice as much, and they hold up pretty well.
The noise canceling function works just like you’d hope. You can easily hear normal conversation, but the headphones block out noise at harmful decibel levels. This makes shooting with friends much more easy to enjoy.
From the manufacturer:
- Built-in directional microphones, it can adjust switch to amplify 2~3 times for low sounds below 85db, providing more clear listening and enhanced communication
- Auto shut down speakers when noise reaches 85db to protect your hearing from damages. 22NRR high noise reduction rating
- Compact, foldable and lightweight, the earmuff is perfect for outdoor hunting or shooting training
- With high density sponge and adjustable designs, it performs greater sound insulation ability and be suitable for different head types
- Our Electronic earmuffs are long lasting powered by 4 AAA batteries (not included). Included AUX input makes it convenient to connect other electronic devices
Comfort isn’t bad, but it’s not quite as good as my primary pair. They even have a trick; you can use the AUX jack to listen to music. The sound quality is so-so, but I don’t have any other electronic shooting headphones that even offer the feature.
Overall, these are an excellent value and do a good job.