We purchased this mixer for our son. He plays a variety of instruments and had wanted a good mixer. We tried to cheap our way out with a smaller unit at first, but it just couldn’t handle the number of inputs he needed. After doing some research, we decided this one would do the trick. It has been great and is a tremendous value for the features.
Our son has been very pleased with it. He currently has his drum kit mic’d up and running through the mixer. He’s also used it to record guitar.
Sound quality is very good, and there are ton of controls. The board seems well-made and sturdy. There are plenty of inputs, which is something that was very important to him, particularly for drums.
From the manufacturer:
- Premium ultra-low noise, high headroom analog mixer
- 8 state-of-the-art, phantom-powered XENYX Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
- 8 studio-grade compressors with super-easy “one-knob” functionality and control LED for professional vocal and instrumental sound
- Neo-classic “British” 3-band EQs with semi-parametric mid band for warm and musical sound
- New studio-grade FX processor with 16 editable presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter, multi-effects, Tap function and storable user parameter settings
- Channel inserts on each mono channel for flexible connection of outboard equipment
In terms of negatives, the biggest thing is there really isn’t much of an instruction manual, so getting familiar with it takes a bit of effort. Fortunately, everything is pretty well labeled and our son knows his way around a soundboard, having worked with the audio production team for plays and musical performances, so he was able to figure it out.